If every healthy meal tasted like this one, I would never been tempted to eat unhealthily again! This recipe was inspired by the veggies I had in my refrigerator and a friend who recommended a greek chicken recipe. This was easy, and out of this world tasty!
Greek Salmon, Vegetables & Tzatziki Sauce (S)
(Makes one serving.)
– 4oz Alaskan Sockeye salmon
– Garlic powder, dill, oregano, salt & crushed red pepper to taste
– 1 tsp Lemon juice
– Vegetables for roasting: cabbage, artichoke (I used canned), black olives (canned again), chopped tomato
– Shredded Parmesan (optional)
– Pepperocini peppers
– Taziki sauce ingredients:
— 1 small/medium cucumber
— 1/4-1/3 cup 0% greek yogurt
— garlic powder, dill, salt, 1 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place salmon in a glass baking dish, add lemon juice, enough water to cover the bottom of the dish, and sprinkle spices on top of the salmon. Allow salmon to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. In a second baking dish, add cabbage, artichoke, olives, and tomato. Spray lightly with coconut or olive oil spray (or just massage oil into veggies), then sprinkle on garlic powder, dill, oregano, salt & pepper.
3. Place baking dishes with salmon & veggies in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until salmon is cooked and veggies are roasted.
4. While the other dishes cook, make the Tzatziki sauce. Chop up cucumber. Mix greek yogurt with spices and lemon juice. Add cucumber to yogurt & stir well. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
5. After plating all food, garnish veggies with pepperocini peppers and shredded Parmesan.
Serve and enjoy!